Below are the settings you’ll need to configure your mail application.
- Your Name: provide your name in this field;
- E-mail address: type in your email address – email@example.com for example;
- Account Type: select whether you want to use the IMAP or the POP3 protocol. We recommend that you use the IMAP protocol since it keeps your emails on the server and it’s harder to lose information;
- Incoming mail server: the server for incoming mails should be the mail subdomain of your domain name – mail.yourdomain.com for example;
- Outgoing mail server: again, use mail.yourdomain.com as you entered for the incoming server;
- User name: the username is your full email address. It will be used for both incoming and outgoing connections;
- Password: enter the password for your email account;
- Port 110 – this is the default POP3 non-encrypted port
- Port 995 – this is the port you need to use if you want to connect using POP3 securely
- Port 143 – this is the default IMAP non-encrypted port
- Port 993 – this is the port you need to use if you want to connect using IMAP securely
- Port 25 – this is the default SMTP non-encrypted port
- Port 2525 – this port is opened on all SiteGround servers in case port 25 is filtered (by your ISP for example) and you want to send non-encrypted emails with SMTP
- Port 465 – this is the port used if you want to send messages using SMTP securely
Once you fill in each field/checkbox, click on the Next button to proceed.
A new window should appear named Test Account Settings in which you can follow how Outlook verifies the information you have provided.
If the information you provided is correct the email account should be added to your Outlook.